Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Roadtrip Anyone?

I love to travel.  Doesn't matter whether I'm going to the mountains or the beach, visiting friends or spending time alone.  Give me a few days off and I am making a run for it.  Give me half a chance and I'll find a way to make a trip happen.

I first discovered my passion for the open road during college.  Attending school in southern California gave me lots of opportunities to see new things.  It also meant that I would spend a few weeks every year driving cross-country to be home with my family.  These trips gave me confidence that I am self-sufficient and taught me that some of the greatest memories are not found at the final destination, but on the journey.

When do I travel?  I tend to make a trip whenever I begin to feel overwhelmed and that I can't take it anymore.  When I travel, though, I rarely am resting.  I am trying to fit in as much as I possibly can while I'm away.  I can rest at home;  I have to get away to play.

It's time for another trip.  It will not surprise many of you to hear that I am going to Los Angeles for a few days next month.  I'll be seeing friends from school and making new friends as well.  Most importantly, I'll be escaping the regular routine of my life.  The fall is such a busy season for me;  this annual trip is the way I survive.

I'm grabbing my map, suitcase, and sleeping bag and getting ready.  It may be a short trip and might be the only time I can get away for a while, but I'm going back to the place I left my heart...and I'm already counting down the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment