Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again!

My family and I returned from vacation yesterday and dutifully had to get back to our respective jobs today. Why is it so hard to get going again after a season of rest? Personally, I was very blessed today since I didn't have to go to any of the "offices", but got to work from home.

What's hardest to believe is that school jumps right back into session on Monday morning! That means I've put my syllabus together, decided what new things I want to try out in this abbreviated session, and begun to get things ready to go for a new group of students. After the challenging group I faced in the spring term, I am definitely hoping for a better experience for all in the summer session.

Since I'm still in vacation mode, I knew immediately that I was going to need some help being productive today. That means I pulled out the legal pad and created a manageable to-do list and got to work marking things off. I've not had to go at it too hard today, but I've managed to mark several important things off. There are still a few things on the list as the day is winding down, but I'm hoping to put them all to bed before going to bed myself. That way I can start tomorrow with a fresh list and move forward! Now I just have to remember to put things like "go to the gym" on the list.....

No comments:

Post a Comment