Monday, September 20, 2010

Thoughts from Daniel 2

After completing week two of Beth Moore's Daniel, my heart is filled with worship and my mind is stretched by all the history I've encountered.  As I think over all that I have learned, three points rise to the surface.

1.  "Rule for victorious living:  when the stakes are high, bow low."  (Beth Moore, Daniel, 37)  Daniel's life was on the line if he could not tell the King exactly what he had dreamed and what it meant.  Rather than fretting, Daniel recognized the Source of all knowledge and took the situation to God in prayer.  Oh, that I would grasp this truth wholeheartedly!  Life will be so much better when I stop worrying about how to fix things and run with my concerns to the One who has designed a perfect plan for me!

2.  "There is a God in Heaven..." (Daniel 2:28)  When asked to tell the king what was revealed, Daniel was careful to explain that the revelation came from God and not from His own insight.  When a person performs in any way -- whether interpreting a dream or playing a musical instrument -- the response of many observers is to focus on the individual's skills.  Like Daniel, I want to make sure that praise for anything I do or say goes straight to the Heavenly Father, the Words and the Music of my song of praise.  I am merely an instrument chosen to share the Song with the world.

3.  Victory is certain!  In Nebuchadnezzar's dream, the statue is awesome and terrifying.  In the end, the statue is completely destroyed by the Rock not cut by human hands.  The statue represents various kingdoms of the earth -- many of which were oppressive to the people of God.  Society continues to persecute believers on every hand.  The good news is that victory is certain!  We don't know when, but we do know WHO!  In the middle of all my turmoil and stress, may I remember that Christ's return is imminent and that He will bring justice and peace.  My heart cries, "Even so, Lord Jesus, COME!"

No comments:

Post a Comment