Friday, June 10, 2016

Quick Road Trip!

As you are reading this post, if all has gone according to plan, I should be in the final leg of a unexpected -- and fast -- road trip back to west Texas. Originally, I had planned to return to Plainview at the beginning of the month to take care of some business and to prepare to spend the rest of the summer working in Michigan. But plans have a way of changing, don't they?


The car accident that started my summer off is still having a major impact on my world at the moment. I FINALLY got the insurance company to approve the repair work to my car last week; then I got to fight with them about putting in a reservation for a rental car. To say that I am happy with my insurance company at the moment would not be truthful to any extent.


So my car isn't fixed and I'm not going to be working in Michigan this summer. (I think I've already shared that story with you here and won't rehash that one.) I was just going to extend the mail hold when I was informed that was impossible. What would happen if I didn't pick up my mail? Not really that much, except all of the mail would be returned to senders and marked as undeliverable. That's a mess I don't want to deal with.


Then I agreed to play a wedding next weekend for a young lady that I have known most of her life. Both of her parents were special to me as a teen -- especially her mom, Janine Earney -- so I went against my usual policy and agreed to play for the wedding. I didn't anticipate needing any formal wear while at home, so I have nothing to wear. And that explains why I'm making the road trip....to pick up a suit, some music I left behind, and my mail. Oy vey!


The plan was for Mom to accompany me on this trip so she could finally see Plainview for herself, but her work schedule wouldn't permit it. I also have appointments next week with my cardiologist (annual check-up) and chiropractor....not to mention the wedding.....so I really can't afford to linger at home for very long. Besides, there's no pressing reason for me to be in Plainview at the moment, so I'm going to dash back to Arkansas and enjoy some more time with my family.


Keep an eye out for a rogue driver on the interstates of Oklahoma and Arkansas today.....it may just be your resident pianist speeding through in hopes of getting back to some more restful Livin' Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment