Monday, September 12, 2016

Hits & Misses (September 4-10)

Here's a look back at the week that was...

HITS
  • The week got off to a great start on Sunday with an evening of cards with friends. I haven't played Rook in years, so it took a few minutes to get reacquainted with the game, but the laughter and fun I experienced with Daniel, Kim, and Anthony was one of the highlights of the week. (See, Daniel, I told you that you would make the "hit" list this week!) I laughed until I cried -- while trying not to wake the little ones -- and the ice cream treats weren't a bad addition either. I'm looking forward to more fun -- and a little "Rook revenge" -- soon.
  • After a later-than-usual Sunday night, a lazy Monday was definitely in order. I stayed in my pj's as long as possible and caught up on some reading and television viewing.
  • By the middle of the week, I came to the realization that I was going to miss the weekly donut run with the music students because of rehearsals for Little Shop. Since I was hanging around the music building on Wednesday night after praise band rehearsal, those of us in the building decided to make an early donut run so I could still enjoy the fun. The food and fellowship was great. What could possibly make things better?  Little Shop rehearsal ended earlier than scheduled on Thursday night, so I got to make another trip to the donut shop! Yippee! (I'm sure I'll be crying about that extra trip when I go to the doctor next time, but for now I'm going to focus on the positive.)
  • It has been a full week of music making, but rehearsals have been very productive. Little Shop is coming along nicely. I'm not as worried about my upcoming faculty collaborative recital. Students are making progress in my classes and the week ended with a very successful Jump Start choral clinic on Saturday. All in all, it's been a great week at WBU.
MISSES
  • It's never fun to find yourself in awkward situations. I've seen more than my fair share this week. Now that those moments are in my rear view mirror, I'm hoping they stay there and don't raise their ugly head again!
  • Bills, bills, bills! It seems like every time I turned around, some one else was needing money from me this week. I watched in fear as my bank account declined and I began counting down the days until my next payday....and its anticipated raise. Thankfully, this is just a temporary crunch and happy days will be here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment