Monday, September 26, 2016

Hits and Misses (September 18-24)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • Sunday mornings at CHBC are a great start to the week. Currently, we are studying the book of Revelation. It's a book that I've not enjoyed studying in the past, but Pastor Jason is helping us to keep the focus on the Lamb instead of all of the questions about the future. I'm definitely enjoying this call to worship because of Christ's worthiness and find myself looking forward to the church's time together on Sunday mornings.
  • The week presented lots of opportunities to mentor students in various situations. It is a great feeling to know that I am exactly where I'm supposed to be for this season in my life. I may not always understand.....I may have lots of stressful moments in the process.....but I am confident that my time here at WBU is appointed by God. That's enough to get me through all the tough patches that might come along.
  • On Thursday night, I thoroughly enjoyed getting to hear Kim and Daniel Brown sing with the Plainview Symphony. Kim was featured on works by Rachmaninoff and Villa Lobos; Daniel joined her for a duet from Don Giovanni.
  • With the close of the week, I finally got to catch up on some television programming that I have missed because of rehearsals. I was glad to finally watch the season finale of Big Brother --yeah! Nicole won! -- and have been thoroughly impressed with the premieres of two new shows, Designated Survivor and Bull. I'm looking forward to getting into these new series more in the coming weeks.
MISSES
  • It's an uncomfortable situation to get strange looks from acquaintances when you're out in public. I got a really strange one from someone I know from a distance while in the grocery on Sunday afternoon. I checked my zipper....made sure nothing was hanging off of my nose.....and tried to figure out if something else was going on.
  • Now that Little Shop is into staging rehearsals, I've had a few long days this week. I'll try not to continually complain about days that start at 8am and end at 10pm....but I am not going to make any promises yet!
  • I hate wasting my time....especially when it's such a prized commodity at the moment.
  • It's difficult to watch students that I have grown to care about so much deal with painful situations. Some are hurting physically. Others are dealing with difficulties emotionally and spiritually. I find myself wishing I could solve their problems, but I know that I can't. So I do the only thing that I can do for them.....be a supportive professor and cover them in prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment