Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Most Hated Season

The most hated season of the year is here. It's not Spring's budding flowers that is creating my pain. It's not even the sneeze-inducing pollen that is causing me such distress. It's tax season!

Few tasks create more frustration in me than gathering tiny pieces of paper in order to detail the money I have spent during a 12-month span of time. Money has been held out of my paycheck which I will never see again. Now I'm forced to prove that I don't need to send more of my money to the Federal government. Apparently, since I am a single man who has struggled to piece together a living, I should send every remaining cent to a faraway office. Does this process really need to be this complex? Do other nations require such detailed accounting by their citizens? At this point, I'm finding myself more and more in favor of a flat tax across the board!

I've spent enough time complaining about tax season now. I have to get back to work and get these returns completed. After all, I only have a few more weeks to make sense of all of this insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment