Friday, March 11, 2016

I Should Buy Stock.....

....in the Kimberly-Clark Corporation because of the sheer amount of Kleenex tissues I've gone through in the past few days. This is ridiculous -- and actually rather disgusting.

The School of Music has been plagued with various respiratory infections for the past few weeks. Some have been sick for several weeks. So when I felt the beginnings of illness, I headed to the doctor on Monday afternoon in hopes to nip it in the bud. The doctor confirmed that I had an early case of a respiratory infection and gave me a massive shot to knock it out as quickly as possible. He told me I should be feeling better soon, but to call if I wasn't better by Friday.

As the week went on, I felt much better. The sore throat was minimal and I was regaining some of my energy. But the congestion remained. This has been a source of frustration for me since January. I just have not been able to shake the stuffiness and have struggled to manage the excessive amounts of phlegm my body has produced.

On Thursday, I grabbed lunch and headed home for an hour of relaxation. That's when it happened. Something flipped and my nose became a faucet. I can't keep enough tissues handy to deal with the sneezing and blowing. (Does that qualify as TMI? I'm past the point of really knowing.) The good news is that all of this activity is actually making me feel better. Pressure is finally being relieved. I just have to figure out if this is a "normal" progression in the recovery or if it is the beginning of a set back. I anticipate making a call to the nurse this morning to get her professional opinion.

In the meantime, I'll keep my tissues handy and thank my lucky stars that next week is Spring Break....just in time to recover from this mess that has played havoc on me for the last five days.

ACHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment