Monday, April 4, 2016

Hits and Misses (March 27 - April 2)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • Easter Sunday was beautiful! The music portion of the service went really well and Pastor Jason's sermon was encouraging and powerful. The rest of the day was spent resting and reflecting.
  • Since Monday was a school holiday -- another perk of working for a Christian school -- I was able to get to H&R Block to complete my tax returns. I was worried that this would be another year of huge checks going to the IRS. I was pleased to see that when I took into account my refund (!) and the filing fees to HRB, I was down less than $50. With my history, I'll definitely take that outcome without complaint!
  • The week included some beautiful music making. I accompanied 10 students for the Music Achievement Award competition on Tuesday night. The fun continued on Thursday in the first Recital Hour of the semester and ended on Friday morning with a successful recital hearing.
  • Big Weekend has come and gone. I heard several potential students and really enjoyed accompanying a few of the singers.
  • After a long and tough Friday, some of the faculty gathered for dinner. The food, the laughter, and the fun was exactly what the doctor ordered! It was just more proof that I work with an amazing group of people that I genuinely enjoy spending time with. Thanks for the hospitality, Scott.
MISSES

  • This four-day work week has been exhausting. MAAs, piano proficiency exams, recital hour, Big Weekend auditions, voice master class, and 3 recital hearings on top of the normal stuff led to a very tired Kennith.
  • I missed spending time in the kitchen this week. I've had far too much fast food for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment