Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lofty Plans

It has been great spending time at home surrounded by the Geriatrics. I think it was just what was needed. I shake my head when I think of the lofty plans I made before leaving Plainview.

I knew I wasn't 100% healthy while packing, but I had convinced myself this little URI wasn't gonna keep me down. I just knew I was going to get bored while I was in Arkansas, so I packed for a productive week. My lofty goals included 3 books, 2 piano solos, and repertoire on my iPad that still needs some attention. I was going to accomplish so much!

My body and mind had other plans. They decided to shut down as soon as I entered the Geriatric Ward. I've only read 40 pages of one of the books. The piano solos remain on the back seat of my car. The piano in the dining room has remained silent. I've simply nursed this URI by lounging on the couch while watching mind-numbing television (between the body-shuddering fits of coughing, that is).

I'm glad that my body has demanded the rest. I'm also thankful that I'm in a place where I'm not beating myself up because my self-imposed goals aren't being accomplished. It's taken a while, but I'm finally figuring out that there is a time to be driven and there is a time to take it easy. Both are necessary and extremely beneficial....and I plan to enjoy this week of rest before the final push to the end of the semester begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment