Monday, March 14, 2016

Hits and Misses (March 7 - 13)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS

  • It has been a relatively easy week in Plainview. A large number of our students left on Wednesday for choir tour, so that meant the end of the week was a breeze for me. That turned out to be a good thing for me as you will see in the "Misses" section of this post.
  • Sunday morning saw the end of the series on spiritual warfare and the armor of God at College Heights. I have learned so much from Pastor Jason's ministry this year and this series has been no different. Sunday's sermon focused on the role of prayer in spiritual warfare. I was challenged and encouraged. Great stuff!
  • Few things are more fun than getting to surprise Mom. As soon as service ended Sunday morning, I started the drive to Arkansas. As I got into Russellville around 8pm, I decided I would drive all the way in. That meant it was time to let the Geriatrics in on my secret. It was a fun phone call and I'm definitely looking forward to a quiet week at home.

MISSES

 

  • I've been one sick puppy this week. On Monday, I went to the doctor with the beginnings of an upper respiratory infection. I took my shot and headed home. The week was going well until I woke up on Friday morning. I couldn't breathe and felt like a Mac truck had run over me. I called the doctor and got a round of Z-Pack. That antibiotic is doing quite a number on my stomach, but I'm slowly starting to feel like a human again.
  • The week before Spring Break is always stressful for everyone. I've had more than a few students crying in my office this week. Some of the tears were because of poor preparation, but the majority were shed because kids were simply overwhelmed by life. I hated seeing them cry, but I was thankful that I was able to be a sympathetic ear.
  • Driving home to Arkansas was made more interesting since the entire state was under a tornado watch. Thanks for the welcome home gift, Arkansas! By the way, your roads are still the pits even though they are perpetually under construction. Geez!

No comments:

Post a Comment