Monday, March 21, 2016

Hits and Misses (March 13-19)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS

  • Spring Break was a much needed rest. I headed to Arkansas for the week and did absolutely nothing. Essentially I moved between the bedroom, kitchen, and living room and didn't open my car door until late Thursday afternoon. I finally broke down and ran a few scales on the piano on Wednesday. It was a week of rest!
  • There's nothing like home cooked meals! I had most of my favorites this week -- oven fried chicken, Ranch pork chops, cordon bleu casserole -- and loved eating leftovers the next day.
  • When I finally ventured away for a few hours on Friday afternoon, I checked out Funkee's Cafe in Marion. The blueberry gelato was amazing and the atmosphere was relaxed and inviting. This is definitely a good addition to this growing community -- although the train traffic is very annoying since I'm not around it all the time.

MISSES

  • It took most of the week to finally begin feeling human again. Antibiotics were rough on my system and I didn't feel like doing too much this week. I guess it was a good thing no one knew I was coming home. I didn't want to mess with anyone at all.
  • I tried the lemonade from Arizona Tea this week. Disgusting!
  • An unsettled stomach is possibly the worst type of illness. Surely an antibiotic can be developed that doesn't have this resulting problem for so many days. You have to feel worse to feel better it seems.....

No comments:

Post a Comment