Wednesday, March 23, 2016

What Once Was Lost....

I've had a proclivity for losing things lately. This should not be surprising. I'm notorious for putting things in safe places only to forget where I put them. I've lost passports, birth certificates, library books.....you get the idea. Somehow I've managed to hold on to all of my devices without too much trouble. I thought that had all changed this week.

Since I just returned home from a road trip, I haven't cleaned out my car yet. What can I say? It's a bachelor-mobile! On Monday, I was running lots of errands between lessons and rehearsals. At one point that afternoon, I turned to use my cell phone only to realize that it wasn't there! I panicked momentarily before I convinced myself I had just left it in the car. When my phone wasn't in its usual place in the car, I assumed I had left it at home when I was there for lunch.

After work, I drove home to find an empty couch! Now I was frantic. I cannot survive without my phone! It keeps me connected to the world. I crawl in the floor and check under the couch. I walk to my parking spot, hoping it had fallen on the ground. I look under the seats of the car. I drive back to the bank I visited earlier in the day to check the lot there.

As I begin to accept that my phone is gone, I visit the local Sprint store to switch over my plan and get a new phone. Now that I know what Sprint will need in order to keep my current number, I return to the phone and hit the hands-free button on the steering wheel by accident. The system comes to life and informs me that my device is connected! My phone is not lost, but I have no idea where it is....and the battery is extremely low. This is not happening!

I call the Geriatric Ward and tell them what is happening. Once I get to the school parking lot, I'll have them call my phone and hopefully I'll be able to find it as it vibrates. After a few moments, Mom calls and I hear my beautiful ring tone! The phone had fallen into a massive abyss between the bucket seat and the arm rest. What is even more funny is that I found another lost device --- that I have searched for in 3 states since December! I'm not sure if this is a sign of a perpetually messy car or the early onset of recurring senior moments. Either way, "what was once lost has now been found."

No comments:

Post a Comment