Monday, March 30, 2015

Hits and Misses (March 22-28)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • Monday evening saw the completion of another voice recital for this semester. I have to admit, I was fretting over this one a bit. In the end, it all turned out okay for the most part.
  • By Wednesday, I had given the last of my midterm exams and the majority of my singers were headed out of town for choir tour. That meant that I got a few days with no work or playing. What a blessing! I was able to devote some time to rest and reading.
  • I finished reading the March installment of the Jacqs Reading Project late this week. I had forgotten how much I enjoy the writing of Joyce Carol Oates.....and Carthage made a huge impression on me. I'll be sharing more about the book on Reading for Me very soon.
  • After a late night of rehearsing on Friday, I was thankful to have lots of piano lesson cancellations on Saturday. I love teaching, but this week it proved to be a welcome break.
MISSES
  • Even though I'm thankful for the breaks that come in the middle of the semester, it's not ideal when the two schools are out different weeks! Last week was break at MSCC;  Union's spring holiday is this week. I'm not complaining too much since it will result in a few extra days of down time before the insanity of April hits, but I would love to have a single week of mind-numbing relaxation. I suppose that will come when May finally arrives.
  • My wrist guards finally gave up the ghost this week. Replacing them was costly and takes some time getting used to the feeling of the new ones. I don't like change when it comes to my comfort.
PROGRESS REPORT
  • Carthage - p. 482 of 482 - COMPLETE!  (342 pages this week)
  • Menahem Pressler: Artistry in Piano Teaching by William Brown - p. 34 of 282
 There you have it! I hope you have a great week as we together recall the sacrifice our Savior made for each of us as we lead up to the joyous celebration of Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment