Monday, March 16, 2015

Hits and Misses (March 8-14)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • I had a great time playing for the AMDA auditions in Memphis on Sunday morning. The entire process was very low key and easy money for me. Even though I didn't hear a ton of exciting talent from those auditioning, I did get to meet some neat people from the New York campus. I hope that I get to work these auditions again in the future.
  • Two more recital hearings were completed this week. There were some shocking moments as we listened to the repertoire that was requested. Even though we were caught off guard on a couple of things, everyone passed....so now I shift my focus to the performances coming up this weekend.
  • On Monday evening, I had a very long phone call with my friend who also happens to be one of my bosses. We laughed together while brainstorming for upcoming events. It was a lot of fun and definitely very needed.
  • Saturday was an easy day of teaching piano lessons. Six lessons were scheduled....but because of Spring Break in Shelby County Schools, only three students showed up. Since I'm paid whether the student shows or not, I got in some personal practice and went on my merry way.
  • Three simple words.....Nothing Bundt Cakes! I sampled the Chocolate Chocolate Chip earlier in the week and brought home a Red Velvet on Saturday night. YUMMY.....but beware, the cream cheese icing is very rich and very addictive!!!!!
MISSES
  • I despise Daylight Savings Time!!!! I said it....now I can move on.....maybe.......
  • I've had a couple of really long days this week. When three of them stacked up on top of each other, I found myself really tired by the end of the week. Twelve hours at the piano bench is just a little too long on a regular basis.
  • It's never easy to say goodbye to friends. On Thursday, I played the funeral service for Lucy Beck. The service was well attended and a fitting tribute to a very special lady.
  • With my busy life, any disruption to my routine causes me to get behind in my weekly schedule. It happens from time to time....and I don't resent the things that reeked havoc on my schedule.....but it has made for a tough week since there weren't opportunities to catch up on things.

PROGRESS REPORT
  • Crazyladies - p. 367 of 367 - COMPLETE! (67 pages this week)
  • Carthage by Joyce Carol Oates - p. 75 of 482 (75 pages this week)
 There you have it! Hope you have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment