Monday, March 23, 2015

Hits and Misses (March 15-21)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS
  • Another recital is history! I wasn't sure we were going to pull this one off....mainly because I was sick most of the week.....but we made it and made it look pretty classy! Now I need to get through tonight's performance and I'll be sitting pretty for a few weeks.
  • It's a boy! The excitement is mounting as we make plans for the arrival of Baby Brauer. I can't wait to go shopping!!! (Shane and Jacqs, can I put in a request for a bookshelf in the nursery? I'm heading to Barnes and Noble.)
  • The geriatric ward finally entered the digital age this week. Our television receivers were finally updated. (Maybe it's better to say that our provider mandated the upgrade). This makes the HITS list because I can finally enjoy the convenience of having a DVR. It's the simple things, folks.
MISSES
  • It has been a rough week in the Geriatric Ward. I felt poorly Sunday afternoon and woke up Monday morning with a full blown sinus infection. By the time I got to see a doctor on Tuesday, it had turned into an upper respiratory infection and I felt worse than I have felt in many years. After taking three days off work (YIKES!), I finally managed to get back into some form of my usual routine. Now Mom is sick, but we think we got her help before things became too bad.
  • Since I was sick, I had to miss the piano teacher conference that I had been looking forward to for several months. I knew it was the right decision, but I was still toying with the idea of venturing out anyway as late as Friday morning. Hindsight is 20/20.....I was exhausted after the recital that evening. Attending the conference would have been a really bad idea.
 PROGRESS REPORT
  • Carthage - p. 140 of 482 (65 pages this week)
  • As you can see, I have a LOT of reading to do in the next week and a half! Jacqs has already informed me that we're reading Great Expectations in April.
This week is Spring Break at one of my jobs. Since I've been sick (and gotten behind in some work), I've decided to take a break from blogging this week as well. I'll return on Monday, March 30 with the next installment of Hits and Misses.

No comments:

Post a Comment