Monday, September 15, 2014

Hits and Misses (September 7-13)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS
  • This week has been filled with making music. It's been wonderful to get back to a semi-normal routine and start to prepare for upcoming recitals.
  • It's also been good to live life with less pain. My visits to the chiropractor seem to be making a huge difference in my quality of life.
MISSES
  • Another week in the hospital has been the pits. Just as it seemed we were overcoming Dad's GI issues, we learned at the end of the week that he has a blood clot in his left leg. I'm starting to wonder if we're ever going to catch a break.
  • Conferences with students who have made false accusations are never fun. What I really want to do is read them the riot act. Instead, I have to smooth things over with them. One of these days I truly hope to be out of this environment that instills an unreasonable sense of entitlement in young people.
  • I hate feeling frustration. As the week wound down, I found my frustration level rising. Things I had warned others about came to pass. People not communicating with each other led to my time being wasted. I have absolute certainty that the resulting issues will ultimately end up on my plate to deal with even though they were not originally my responsibility. When other people aren't interested in planning ahead, I get stressed because I know a crisis looms simply because adequate time wasn't left to deal with things in an appropriate manner.
  • I also despise going into a week facing a responsibility I really am not looking forward to. I tried to back out of this commitment a few weeks ago, but couldn't. Now I'm going into a long project that I have no desire to be involved in and I'm already looking for the escape route before the project has even begun. Sounds like the perfect formula for a really fulfilling experience for everyone involved, huh?
And there you have it! Here's hoping that this week is a much needed improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment