Monday, September 29, 2014

Hits and Misses (September 21-27)

Here's my weekly glimpse back at the week that was.

HITS
  • It's always great fun to hear from friends that they are actually reading my blog posts. I just enjoy knowing that something I have written brought a smile.
  • After missing my chiropractor appointment at the end of last week, it was great to get back to see the doctor and continue dealing with my pain. What a blessing!
  • For several years, I have been driving to Collierville to get my hair cut. I loved the stylists there, but now that I'm not working in the area, I rarely find myself headed to that part of the city. This week, I tried a new salon much closer to home and was very pleased with the outcome. So I guess I've officially become a client of Joseph's Salon and Day Spa in Marion, Arkansas
  • This week saw the first of the semester's recital hearings that I will be involved in at Union. After experiencing some vocal issues late last week, the student sang beautifully on the departmental recital and was clearly prepared for the hearing. Two pieces were selected by the faculty, and they immediately commented that they were looking forward to hearing the entire program. That was truly the easiest recital hearing I've ever been involved with!
 MISSES
  • Even though I love making music, sometimes I hate long rehearsals. I especially struggle with them at the end of the week. I made it through without showing my bad attitude TOO clearly.
  • My brother and sister-in-law were staying with us this week to help with Dad's transition home from the hospital. It was a comfort to have them around, but it also made for a very crowded living space. I'm not fond of being in tight spaces at all, but we make the best of it for the common good sometimes.
  • I have had my fill of divas this week. It's hard enough to deal with a diva who also has the professional chops to support her demanding tone. When a student who has limited experience takes on the diva attitude though, that's when my claws come out too! Don't whine to me about how busy you are or that you can't simply get everything done......just do it! And then realize that you are only a diva in your own mind; the rest of us know that you are merely annoying. Can I get an Amen? Yeah, that's what I though.
There you have it. Have a great beginning to Pumpkin Month, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment