Monday, November 14, 2016

Hits and Misses (November 6-12)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS
  • Daylight Savings Time has been a life saver! The extra hour of sleep on Sunday was exactly what I needed. The darkness coming a bit earlier is also helping me to wind down easier each evening.
  • I enjoyed watching the national election results come in on Tuesday night. What can I say? I'm a bit of a political junkie. Since I wasn't expecting the Presidential election to turn out as it did, there was unexpected excitement as I watched. I finally called it quits at 1:30am and woke to the results the following morning.
  • Thursday morning was one of the best days I've had in a while. An unexpected morning call from Jeff and Paulie put a smile on my face and made me laugh throughout the day. I'm anxious to see both of these guys -- as well as other friends -- when I head to Cali in January for a fraternity brother's nuptials.
  • Two more recital hearings were successfully completed this week and the first senior recital of the semester was performed on Friday afternoon. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of what has proven to be an extremely busy semester.
MISSES

  • Social media has not been a fun place after the election. Lots of hurtful comments have been made on both sides of the aisle. I've attempted to stay out of the fray. However, when I saw a negative comment directed toward my brother and his military service, I became livid. If I had been near enough to "reach out and touch someone" I probably would have.
  • I've been riding the struggle bus this week. I never felt that I could get it together. Honestly, I think I was facing a tough case of the blues and just didn't handle it very well. I'm thankful to have had some time alone with my thoughts this weekend in the hopes that I'll have a better week ahead.
  • It's never fun to get disappointing news, but it's part of life. When it is unexpected, bad news can be more difficult to successfully manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment