Monday, November 28, 2016

Hits and Misses (November 20-26)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • Thanksgiving Break could not have come at a better time. Even though it was only a few days, the time at home was just what I needed. It was wonderful to see family, enjoy good food, and get some much needed rest.
  • Before heading home, I played my final student recital of this semester. That is definitely worth celebrating! Now I shift my focus to juries and finals.
  • I have now been introduced to essential oils....and I'm becoming a believer! Before leaving Plainview, I mentioned that I was experiencing some tingling in the tip of my nose -- almost like an allergic reaction. Kim made up a roller bottle of Lavender for me to use. After just a few applications, my nose is much better.....and I'm also experiencing better sleep as a bonus.
  • For this non-sports fan, television during Thanksgiving weekend can be challenging. I'm thankful for TV On Demand!
MISSES

  • I love my family, but we they are all very loud! Put all those voices and laughter in a very live acoustic space and you have a recipe for my sensory overload. Once everyone left, I had to find a quiet corner for a little while. Simply put, I was overwhelmed!
  • It has become more challenging than ever to find food while traveling. My connection in Houston gave me just enough time to walk from one gate to another. Imagine my surprise when I realized there was no food to buy along my route. I was never so happy to see an almost stale loaf of bread and sandwich meat when I arrived at the Geriatric Ward!
  • Cold showers will definitely open your eyes fast.....but it wasn't what I hoped for on Tuesday morning before leaving my apartment. I'm just hoping that it was a one time issue and not something that needs to be fixed this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment