Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Attitude of Gratitude (Part III)

In this Thanksgiving week, I continue to be reminded of just how blessed I am by things big and small.

  • Home! It's wonderful to have a place to return for rest, family, and unconditional love. I'm looking forward to spending a quiet few days back in Arkansas with those I love.
  • Healthy aging parents. Dad turned 80 a few days ago. I'm blessed to have both of my parents with me and still in relatively good health.
  • God's Word. What a treasure to have these powerful words in my hands daily. They are life. They are comfort. They are rest.
  • Colleagues. I am continually reminded of what a great group of people I get to serve with at WBU. It's much more than just a job. These people are my friends and musical family.
  • Massage chairs. I especially needed 30 minutes in the chair between recitals.
  • Wireless headphones. I've needed a pair for a while and finally splurged on myself. What a difference they made!
  • Affirmation. It's always nice to be reminded in subtle ways that I'm making a difference and that God continues to actively use me to touch others.
  • Donuts! More than just the yummy squares of dough and cake, I treasure the laughter and moments of encouragement that occur as I share these nuggets of goodness with others. I'm already looking forward to next week's adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment