Wednesday, November 9, 2016

An Attitude of Gratitude

November is typically when people begin to list the many things that they are thankful for. I'm participating in the month of thankfulness as well. However, this year I've decided that private reflection on the blessings in my life is how I want to spend my daily moments of thanksgiving. I don't want to fall into the trap of carefully crafting my words for public consumption only instead of expressing authentic praise to God for the good things He has provided. Nevertheless, I do want to publicly acknowledge some of my blessings. That's where this series of blog posts comes in. Each Wednesday in November, I'll be listing a few of the things that I have been thankful for during the week. Sometimes you may notice that an item was repeated from a previous week. Some items may include a brief explanation while others stand alone. Regardless of what they may mean to you -- and whether you fully understand why I'm thankful for certain things -- this will be my way of publicly expressing "An Attitude of Gratitude" to my Heavenly Father for the many blessings He daily bestows on me.

This week, I'm thankful for...

  • The wonderful people that fill my life
  • Laughter
  • Traveling mercies -- I've spent too many years behind the wheel of my car to ever take safe travels for granted!
  • Music
  • Good food
  • Rest
  • Love

 

No comments:

Post a Comment