Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Hits and Misses (November 13-19)

It's getting posted a bit later than I like, but nevertheless, here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS

Another recital down for the semester! Despite illness and general fatigue, the ladies sang beautifully. I'm thrilled that I got to be part of this program.

Nothing relieves stress like good, old-fashioned belly laughter with students. On Friday, a young man arrived to class armed with fried pies and a desire to bring a little levity to the end of a busy week. We relaxed around the table, shared "war stories," and still managed to accomplish what we needed to for the day.

I found myself crashing in bed shortly after leaving the recital stage on Friday afternoon. I don't think I moved all night long and finally woke around 11 the next morning. The sleep was exactly what my body needed!

MISSES

The most humorous event of the week came at the chiropractor's office. I was lying on the roller table and noticed that another gentleman was able to gracefully plant his feet on each side of the table and stand up. I convinced myself I could do the same.....you know, because I'm so tall and graceful on my feet. Once I realized this was not going to work, I also became horribly aware that I was twisted on the table and was close to falling off! Fortunately one of the aides saw me thrashing my arms and legs in the air and rushed in to lend me a hand. Nothing was hurt in this episode....except my self-esteem and reputation.

Stubborn people are so frustrating! Few things infuriate me more.

Broken promises are almost as bad, though. If you tell me you are going to offer a service.....or help with a project.....and simply don't follow through AND don't think it necessary to let me know before I'm expecting the promised action to occur......I'll probably end up very frustrated and thinking a little more carefully before trusting you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment