Monday, June 15, 2015

Hits and Misses (June 7-13)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • It's always good to start the week with a trip to the doctor that leads to positive results. After Dad's health issues last fall, I decided it would be a good idea to begin getting regular check ups from a cardiologist. After each visit, the results have shown no problems (other than my weight) and I only have to come in for annual visits since I'm not classified as a high-risk patient. That is definitely good news.
  • I picked up a new piano student this week. I got really excited because it appear it might be another intermediate student. Imagine my surprise when I spoke with the student and learned that the enrollment managers had failed to ask some crucial questions that would have pointed to another assumption on my part. Glad I've got another student; disappointed that he's another beginner. Oh well....
  • I skipped town for a few days for a much needed break and went to Little Rock. I have never explored the city before and actually enjoyed myself quite a bit. I'll tell you more about my adventures in Wednesday's post.
  • On Saturday, I had the privilege of witnessing the marriage of Trevor and Hannah Sewell in Dyersburg. The ceremony was beautiful. I knew the waterworks would be running full blast as I watched Trevor wipe his eyes with a handkerchief as his bride walked down the aisle. It was truly a statement of pure love and excitement for their future together. Congratulations to the newlyweds!
MISSES
  • There's nothing quite like coming home from a mini-vacation and seeing information about a cancer screening on the refrigerator door. It appears that Dad is having some symptoms that are causing some alarm. This may be a nervous week in the Freeman household.
  • Air-conditioning in the South is not a luxury. It's essential! I'm frustrated that I can't seem to make the automotive professionals understand the severity of the situation in my car. I suppose I'm just going to have to get a new car! Ugh! I nearly died on the 90 minute drive to central Arkansas this week. With an upcoming road trip to west Texas on the horizon, I am planning to rent a car so I don't melt. It's just a source of frustration.
 PROGRESS REPORT
  • White Teeth - p. 183 of 448. My plans are to finish this novel this week so I can get started on the next one in my stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment