Friday, June 5, 2015

Celebrating the National Holiday!

Did you know that today is a national holiday? The first Friday is June is National Donut Day! That's a beautiful thing! As a kid, my family would often stop by the local Howard's Donut in West Memphis after a church event and enjoy donuts or ice cream. Growing up, I was always attracted to the chocolate iced sweets, but now I find myself wanting the simplicity of a glazed donut. Even after I was introduced to Krispy Kreme and Shippley's, I still found myself preferring the yeast donuts of home. So today, I'm heading out the door to enjoy a fresh puffy donut from my favorite shop. I may have to do a little comparison shopping though.....just to make sure Howard's is still my favorite. (Hey! It's a holiday......so I have to make sure my opinions are accurate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment