Monday, June 22, 2015

Hits and Misses (June 14-20)

My blogging life has been very irregular for the past few weeks, but at least this series continues on. Here's a look at the week that was......

HITS
  • The week began with a fun opening session of music camp. The students and I were having a lot of fun exploring rhythms together. The studio was filled with smiles and lots of laughter.
  • The camp was short-lived this week since I needed to take an unexpected trip. I love to visit new places. It's always fun to see what life is like in different parts of our country.
  • As part of this trip, I enjoyed seeing an old friend and meeting new people. When you share common interests with people, it's always great when you find there's a natural connection.
MISSES
  • On the flip side of the joy of traveling, there were also a few misses. I arrived in Houston just as Tropical Storm Bill was making his way on shore. The plane couldn't pull all the way into the gate, so I got soaked running into the terminal. After discovering that the train connecting the terminals was out of commission, I headed back outside to catch a bus. By the time I reached my connecting flight, I looked like a drowned rat!
  • Delayed flights are never fun. There is only so much time you can pass in an airport by reading a novel. Thankfully, I had scheduled my connections with long enough lay-overs that there was no danger of missing my next flight.
  • Now that I've been home for a few days, I am still exhausted from the traveling. I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep for the next week. Unfortunately that's not in the cards since there is still quite a bit to accomplish in the days ahead.

PROGRESS REPORT
  • White Teeth - COMPLETE - p. 448 of 448. You can read my thoughts about the book here. 
  • Brooklyn by Colm Toibin - p. 54 of 262.

No comments:

Post a Comment