Saturday, June 12, 2010

Busy...errrr....Lazy Saturday

What was supposed to be an incredibly busy day turned out to be a welcome respite before the insanity of Music Camp begins on Monday. As things were getting cancelled, I was incredibly frustrated; sitting here at the end of the day, though, I must admit that it was the best possible situation.


I started to detail the circumstances that led to the cancellations, but I decided I didn't want to exert the energy focusing on the negative aspects of my day. So.....on to happy things.


After realizing that both rehearsals were cancelled, I headed for a quiet lunch at Panera Bread. I LOVE eating there; I don't know if it's just the bread that I adore or the atmosphere, but it always brings me a certain kind of peace. After a filling lunch, I decided to check out a bakery that I had read about last week on another blog: Muddy's Bake Shop on Sanderlin in the Clark Tower area of Memphis. I intended to just try one cupcake. When I stepped inside the shop, my eyes and nose were tantalized--and I came home with 6 cupcakes! As you can tell from the picture, only 4 of them remain. The "Classic" was good, but the chocolate frosting was a bit too sweet for my taste...but the Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting----WOW! I want another one of those NOW! I have a feeling that I will be making another trip to Muddy's at some point during the first week of Music Camp. Sugar is a perfect pick-me-up when I'm tired and/or stressed!


Came home to do a little practicing of some solo music that I'm working on and then headed back to Dad's office to watch a documentary on the Van Cliburn competition. I really do enjoy hearing wonderful playing of the instrument I so dearly love. The rest of the night has been very low key for me. I've caught up on some television watching and decided that the work that I need to get done can wait until tomorrow. I needed some time for me. As soon as I'm done here, I'm going to curl up with my latest novel and a ice cold Coca-Cola before calling it a night.

1 comment:

  1. What a good Southern boy you are, drinking your Coke before bed!

    I love those places where you can be alone and at peace. We've got a Coffee Bean in town with a huge patio full of CB umbrellas, and cafe tables and chairs. I've spent many an hour on that patio thinking, writing, reading, people-watching, and working through so many ups and downs of grad school. I'm glad that Panera can provide a place for you to do some of that, too.

    ReplyDelete