Monday, June 7, 2010

Feet


At the beginning of the final week of preparation before Music Camp begins, my feet are primarily on my mind. Choreography that needs to be taught isn't done, so I'm doing a lot of moving these days. My feet are giving me fits as a result; old injuries are coming back to haunt me. I still don't understand how I managed to incur a severe sprain playing flag football during a fraternity rush event (followed by 6 weeks on crutches in the hills of Malibu) or how I broke my right ankle playing with the kids in children's ministries one Sunday morning while no one else was around. Wait....I'm seeing a common theme here. No one is around and there is some level of athleticism involved. Not a good mix for me! Add to the image my recent attempts to become healthy again by running without having the proper shoes--you guessed it, another injury to my foot (right heel this time).


Despite the aching feet, I am praying that I also have beautiful feet at the moment. Isaiah 52:7 says, "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of the messenger who brings good news, the good news of peace and salvation, the news that the God of Israel reigns!" (NLT) I have tried to remind myself today that the reason I devote my time, energy, and creativity to this annual event is to share with children the truth of God's Word and that He desires to make an impact on their life personally. His presence throughout the day has been so special during my preparation; for that, I am incredibly thankful! I pray that I will have beautiful feet in the coming weeks as I share the gospel of Christ with boys and girls through music and the Word and that children will respond to the truth they hear.


Luke 7 contains one of my favorite passages from the Bible. Here we read of a sinful woman finding her way to the feet of Jesus and pouring expensive oil over His feet as an act of worship. She brought the very best that she had--what others considered a waste of resources that could be used more effectively elsewhere--and poured it over the Master's feet. By doing so, she acknowledged that Christ alone was worthy of such an extravagant gift. Next week, some may view my investment of time as a waste. After all, they are only children. These precious ones are the ones that I have been called to serve. May my ministry next week be the very best that I have to offer in all areas and may I humbly place these at the feet of my Savior in an act of worship and praise, for "I've come to pour my praise on Him like oil from Mary's alabaster box!"

No comments:

Post a Comment