Sunday, June 20, 2010

My New Toy!

I have had my eye on it for several months now, but kept putting it off until I got a decent paycheck. This week, everything seemed to align perfectly. I got paid for summer school on Thursday, I needed a "pick-me-up" to get through the final week of music camp, and I was looking for an excuse to make a purchase...so I am now the proud owner of a Barnes and Noble Nook! I love it--and haven't put it down much since I got it yesterday!

I love the convenience of purchasing books from the comfort of home and having them in my hand immediately. (Definitely going to have to keep an eye on THAT aspect of things!) Its lightness and thinness are greatly appreciated by this pianist's hands. Changing font size to fit my needs is an extra benefit. Let's not forget the fact that the books are slightly cheaper in many cases.

I've only spent a couple of days with my Nook, so I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I have observed a few things about which I'm not crazy. Ebooks with internal links can be awkward to navigate; I'm hoping this improves as I become more familiar with the controls. Speaking of controls, I sometimes have a bit of difficulty finding the appropriate pressure to activate the color control screen at the bottom. It's not a matter of things not working--just a minor annoyance.

Now that you know about my new toy, I think I'll put away my computer and spend some more quality time with my Nook!

No comments:

Post a Comment