Monday, August 1, 2016

Hits and Misses (July 24-30)

Here's a look back at the week that was.....

HITS

  • I thoroughly enjoyed getting to catch up with friends this week. I spent some time at AGM on Wednesday talking with Robbie and Kathy. I left full of joy, encouraged, and inspired with new ideas for future projects. On Saturday, I got an unexpected text message from my college roommate. Even though we don't chat often, it's always nice to hear what's going on in his world and to return to some great memories for just a little while.
  • I think my car made its final trip to the shop for the summer. The last of the sensors that was messed up in May's accident has been replaced and no annoying check engine lights have made an appearance. I'm just thankful for an insurance policy that has covered all of this mess.
  • As I continued to struggle with my blood pressure, I decided to make an appointment with my cardiologist. I actually saw the nurse practitioner, but she confirmed what I already knew -- the recently prescribed meds were not working. It felt good to have a medical professional listen to my concerns, explain what was happening, and provide detailed instructions about our new treatment. After making a few changes and starting the new drug therapy, I started to feel like my old self almost instantly. The nurse did warn that it will take a few weeks to recover all of my energy, but knowing that I'm on the road to recovery makes the current mild fatigue easier to handle.

MISSES

  • Wednesday was a rainy day in Memphis. Combine the weather with stupid Memphis drivers and you have the formula for very dangerous roads. While driving to Collierville, I was involved in 3 close calls that could have easily resulted in another accident. I'm tempted to encase myself in bubble wrap and never step outside again. Yikes!
  • While my car was in the shop, I had to use the Geriatric-mobile to run errands. Trying to get into their car could be considered a contortionist act. As a result of my stint with the circus this week, I'm dealing with some hip and low back pain. Guess I'll be contacting a chiropractor again.
  • Pharmacies can be difficult sometimes. My new medication is a relatively new drug.....that my local pharmacy didn't have in stock. After a convincing conversation, they were able to call other druggists in the area to find the needed drugs. I just hate that my blood pressure had to rise in order to get some help.

No comments:

Post a Comment