Monday, August 29, 2016

Hits and Misses (August 21-27)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS
  • The week has been filled with reading and I've loved every minute of it. I guess it was my way of accepting that my time will not be my own for the next few months, so pleasure reading will probably be limited.
  • On Tuesday evening, I participated in the initiation ceremony of the WBU Marching Pioneers. It was a fun evening and I enjoyed hearing the result of their hard work over the past week. It did make my mind race to other initiation ceremonies I have been involved with over the years in Malibu. I suddenly found myself longing to be with my Lambda brothers -- old and young -- and enjoyed a few minutes of texting with Hammy and Paulie before my phone died. (That's becoming a recurring problem that needs to be corrected soon.)
  • The week ended with a quick trip to Clovis, New Mexico with Daniel & Kim to perform at the graduation ceremonies there. It was neat to see the efforts of WBU's external campuses first hand, but the highlight was getting to spend a few hours with my friends. Looking forward to additional adventures in the future.
MISSES
  • When I returned to Plainview this fall, I was excited to learn that one of the local businesses I frequent regularly had finally began to accept debit cards. What a convenience! Imagine my frustration on Monday evening when I learned that the nighttime staff did not have access to the necessary equipment. GRRR!
  • As though that wasn't frustrating enough, I've had my fill of obnoxious people this week. Thankfully most of my dealings with them were over the phone, so they didn't see the look on my face while we spoke.
  • My office seems to be a breeding ground for crickets. I can't get rid of the little critters and their singing while I'm trying to practice is really annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment