Monday, August 15, 2016

Hits and Misses (August 7-13)

Here's a look back at the week that was...

HITS
  • It was wonderful to find myself back at College Heights this week. While I enjoyed worshipping with friends at home over the summer, it was great to be back with my church family. On Tuesday, the blessings continued as I joined the senior adults for their monthly luncheon. I enjoyed laughing and talking with them before I had the honor of sharing some music with them. I wasn't exactly sure what kind of program was expected, but I went with my gut and asked God to use my playing to touch their lives. What a sweet few minutes we were able to spend together in the fellowship hall worshipping our Lord. I truly hope to be able to play for these precious people again in the future.
  • Back and hip problems plagued me over the weekend, so I went in search of a chiropractor on Monday morning. I was pleased to get worked in at West Texas Clinic of Chiropractic and quickly became comfortable with Dr. Nate Pochucha. I was thankful to find a doctor who was knowledgeable, personable, and that took the time to listen to my concerns and issues. It looks as though I will be seeing Dr. Nate quite a lot in the next few months to begin correcting some long-standing issues with my spine. I've already experienced some relief from my back pain and am very optimistic about things to come.
  • Texting with my college apartment-mate is never dull. Tiff can make me laugh when no one else can. And she calls me out on things when needed as well. There was a flurry of text messages between Plainview and Honolulu this week....and I had a blast!
  • It's been a rather peaceful week in the office. There aren't many students around and I've enjoyed the quiet because I've been able to get some things done in preparation for the semester's start. There's nothing better than being productive when the pace is slow and steady instead of frantic.
  • I discovered a forgotten stash of gift certificates in my desk drawer this week. They couldn't have come at a better time either!
MISSES
  • Financial stresses are never fun. Things have been tight all summer long after some unexpected expenses. I began paying Dr. Nate for chiropractic care this week just before learning that my insurance premiums were going up -- almost doubling, actually -- as a result of May's accident. Just when I thought I was going to be putting that nightmare behind me.....
  • It's no secret that I eat in restaurants quite a bit. What can I say? It's easier to pay them and not have to deal with the preparation, clean up, and left overs! I intentionally try to visit places during their non-peak hours so the wait staff is not going crazy. This week, I experienced a new variation of that. While at Pizza Hut late on Wednesday night, I had to flag down wait staff to get any service at all. It wasn't that they were short handed either. There were probably more people on staff than diners at that moment. They just didn't bother to take care of anything! Frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment