Monday, June 13, 2016

Hits and Misses (June 5-11)

Here's a look back at the week that was....


HITS
  • I finally felt good enough to go to church this week. Since I didn't have a car, I accompanied the Geriatrics to AGM and actually enjoyed the service. (That's saying a lot considering where I've come from.) I thought Pastor's sermon on the Holy Spirit was one of the best I have ever heard on the subject.
  • Following church, we went to Carrabba's for our weekly lunch. It was great to enjoy good food with lots of laughter. I especially found myself giggling when Mom made comments that could either be taken as another example of her naivete or proved that she is not as innocent as she would like everyone to think. The twinkle in her eye gave her away!
  • I finally got a rental car this week. I will have to pay a little for the car, but the size and safety issues were important to me. This also meant I was able to make my much needed trip to Plainview this week.
  • The car doesn't have satellite radio, so I grabbed an audio book to pass the time. You can read my comments about Code of Conduct by Brad Thor over on Reading for Me.
  • The road trip was a nice time to enjoy some solitude and get away from the Geriatric Ward for a few days.
MISSES
  • It's never good to get disappointing news. I guess I should not be surprised any more. People are going to let me down. Bad decisions will be made. The only parts that I can control are my responses and the decisions that are mine to make. Foolish choices will be made obvious soon enough.
  • Mom wasn't able to go on the road trip with me, so the drive was rapid with little rest. If she had been along, I would have taken a little more time in Plainview to show her around. As it was, I was on the road for three days and managed to catch a cold along the way.
  • Last minute cancellations are never fun to deal with. I had made an appointment for a massage with my therapist. When I arrived at his office, the door was locked. I sent him a text to confirm the appointment -- it was entirely possible that I had written it down wrong -- and I promptly received a response apologizing for the confusion. He had broken two teeth earlier in the day and was at the dentist. While I understood his pain -- been there, done that!-- I still wished that I had known before making the drive to the office. After all, it's summer vacation! I'm sure I could have found SOMETHING to do with that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment