Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hits and Misses (May 22-28)



I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend that was restful. Now it's time to get back into the swing of things.....so here is the holiday (mid-week) edition of the weekly look back at the week that was.....


HITS
  • I enjoyed being at home to celebrate Mom's birthday this week. I was pretty drugged up with pain medication, so it wasn't much of a party....but it was still good to be with her on her special day.
  • Thanks to the pain medication and the muscle relaxers, my back improved rapidly. So I was finally able to enjoy some restful sleep that was badly needed.
  • There's nothing like a summer thunderstorm passing through to clean the air, a great blessing to my allergies. The gentle rain that followed was also a wonderful recipe for a night of quiet sleep. There's just nothing like rain falling on the roof of the Geriatric Ward.
  • With summer vacation in full swing, I found myself struggling to make sure that things were still getting accomplished each day. My trusty to-do lists made a return visit to my world and have been just as helpful as always. I still didn't get everything done on the lists, but at least the responsibilities were in front of my eyes.


MISSES
  • One of the downfalls of splitting my time between Arkansas and Texas this summer has been trying to manage my medications. Trying to refill a couple of recurring medications almost required an act of Congress since my Texas pharmacy took it upon themselves to set up an automatic refill for my meds. A couple of phone calls to both pharmacies as well as the insurance company finally got everything sorted out, but it was certainly a hassle I could have done without.
  • I'm not sure if it's a result of the last bit of physical discomfort this week, the new medicines, or old age (no comments from the peanut gallery are necessary!), but I've been very forgetful this week. I found myself walking into my office the dining room to write something down only to find myself desperately trying to remember what I wanted to write the reminder about! It's really a bad thing!
  • Sometimes everyone just needs to get away from all of the noise and go to a quiet place alone. The Geriatric Ward is a crowded place at the moment, so I have no place to hide away at the moment. Normally, this would be the moment I would hop in the car and take a drive...but the Outlander is still in the shop. No news on how soon I should have it back either. The Junior Geriatrics (yes, it's true!) should be closing on their house in a few weeks....then the Geriatric Ward should return to its normal level of insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment