Monday, February 29, 2016

Hits and Misses (February 22-28)

Here's a quick look back at the week that was.....

HITS
  • The highlight of the week was the morning service at College Heights. Pastor received late word that our guest speaker was ill and would not be able to attend. Jason's message was powerful, timely, and clearly anointed. I'm so thankful to be a part of a church body with such strong leadership.
  • It was nice having Wednesday night off this week. There have been lots of scheduling conflicts with praise team rehearsals on Wednesday nights lately, so we decided to move things forward a night. It made Tuesday a long day, but the rehearsal was productive and I enjoyed crashing on the couch in the middle of the week.
  • I received the proof of my product review that will be appearing in American Music Teacher next month. It was a small article and definitely not my best work -- I procrastinated writing it over the Christmas break -- but it was nice to see that something I had written will appear in a national journal.
  • I picked up two new piano students this week through the Academy of Fine Arts here at WBU. Both students have had some previous training, so I'm not starting from scratch....and I'm thankful for that. It's been fun to have a few elementary students to work with again.
MISSES
  • Fatigue is here and the struggle is real! It just seems as though my breathing is labored from the continuing congestion. I have a lead on a doctor in the area -- recommended by a friend who is a nurse -- that I'm going to try to get in to see next week. Things are not bad enough that I feel as though seeing a doctor is priority one, so I'm gonna let it wait another week. I need to get through my responsibilities with opera workshop this week.
  • I'm not the only one feeling under the weather around here. It seems that sickness is all around. I'm just trying to keep away from the sickies and stay healthy. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment