Monday, August 18, 2014

Hits and Misses (August 10-16)

What a busy week it has been! Here's a look at the highs and lows...

HITS

  • Cordelia's Table, the deli department of Miss Cordelia's Grocery in Harbor Town, was the site of Sunday lunch with Mom. Relaxed atmosphere, convenient location, and yummy food! What more can I ask for?
  • I'm amazed at how much the quality of life for everyone in the Geriatric Ward has improved now that Dad finally has his hearing aids.  The mood of the house is completely different. On Wednesday, I'll share with you my recollections about the day he first received the devices.
  • After a long summer away, it was thrilling to get to begin making music again at Union this week. I drove up on Tuesday for three rehearsals/lessons with students preparing for recitals this fall. Every day that I'm there, I'm reminded of how blessed I am to work with the precious people -- faculty, staff, and students -- I've met there.
  • I enjoyed taking a few hours for myself on Friday night and watching a movie in my room. Totally enjoyed Last Vegas because of the great cast and how funny I found the film. Definitely not recommended for those upset by sexual innuendo, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
MISSES
  • I hate meetings! It doesn't matter how well organized they are. I always feel as though there could be a better way of disseminating information without requiring me to sit through another boring meeting. Ugh!
  • The week before classes begin always involves the end of summer scramble. I'm frantically trying to put things together that I didn't do over the summer (because I hoped to be working elsewhere) and trying to get everything into the right people's hands in a timely manner so the beginning of my semester runs smoothly. Somehow it always seems to work out, but I'm never entirely sure how it does. This week has been a marathon in that department for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment