Monday, August 11, 2014

Hits and Misses (August 3-9)

Here's a look back at the week that was.

HITS

  • I had the good pleasure to get away for a few days over in east Tennessee this week. A visit to Pigeon Forge was just what I needed. Nothing too active for me this trip. Just a little window shopping with lots of eating and sleeping. I can now say that I'm thoroughly rested and ready to get the semester started.
  • I've always enjoyed jigsaw puzzles, but I've not gotten to do very many of them. The biggest issue is that I'm so slow at solving them and didn't have a space to keep them that would not disrupt the entire household. Imagine my excitement when the problem was solved by purchasing a Puzzle Store! This thing is super neat. It will hold a puzzle that is 20 x 27 inches (most 1000 piece puzzles fall within this dimension). I've had a lot of fun getting to enjoy my puzzles without the clutter.
  • As I was leaving town on Monday afternoon, I received my first letter from a pen pal in Germany! I was so excited! I'll be telling you more about my involvement with Pen Friends International (IPF) in a post later this week.
MISSES
  • My trip was bookended with doctor's visits. They are never fun events, but necessary. Thankfully, neither of the geriatric patients got horribly negative reports.
  • While in Pigeon Forge, I stayed at the Best Western Toni Inn. The hotel was a great facility; the reason it ends up under the "misses" this week is because of the noisy AC unit that didn't get fixed until my second morning in town. Nothing is worse than having sleep disrupted by a knocking that could only be stopped by turning off the AC. I was very pleased, however, when the unit was promptly fixed after reporting the problem to the front desk the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment