Monday, January 28, 2013

Light at the End of the Tunnel

The end of the month is rapidly approaching and things are getting more busy with each passing day. Union University's Benjamin Britten Centennial Celebration will be held February 8-10. I am thrilled to be a part of the event, but things are getting hectic as the performance dates get closer. I suppose the best way to describe my feelings right now is with a picture.



There are days when I feel as though I have lots of responsibilities in the air and that I'm in control and keeping everything spinning. On other days, I watch something slip through the cracks and fear that everything is going to come crashing down around me. Thankfully, this intense season doesn't last for long.  When February 11 comes rolling around, expect to find me spending insane amounts of time in my bed, curled up under a blanket while I catch my breath.

Why does this happen? It's just the nature of my jobs. I have recurring responsibilities at each of the four positions. I've learned to balance them all fairly well and keep things running. Whenever one of them becomes more frantic -- whether it's due to the end of a production, the end of the term, a series of recitals, or a new ministry directive -- I have to shift things around to make everything work.  It keeps life interesting and allows me to participate in a lot of neat opportunities. It can also be a source of guilt when I feel as though I am short-changing some other area of my life.

So, for the next few weeks, I'd appreciate any extra prayers you want to offer for me. I've made arrangements to cover everything during the celebration and have made every effort to get out from behind the eight ball. If you see me looking frazzled, don't worry.  I'll be okay.....I'm just running around a little more than usual to keep all the plates spinning.  Things will return to their normal pace in a matter of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment