Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I don't like confrontations. It's that simple. I really don't enjoy having difficult conversations with people regardless of whether I am the one being reprimanded or doing the correcting. With that being said, I much prefer a direct approach that brings the issue clearly to light than an around-the-world approach. Respect me enough to put issues out there clearly and I'll return the favor.

What brings this on? At the time of this writing, I have received three emails (all unrelated) addressing a variety of issues. One was calling me on the carpet for a situation; the others were expressing concern over situations that I am involved in (to lesser degrees, thankfully!).  The correctional email was actually a rather veiled threat that didn't name me specifically, but was clear given the examples included. Don't get me wrong....the reprimand is entirely warranted and a situation that I completely intend to rectify. It's just that now I have lost a lot of respect for the sender of said email. Rather than extending me the courtesy of just addressing the issue, I had to read between the lines and identify the problem.

Now that I've been sufficiently vague enough, managed to make it through the entire post without calling names, and started to find some humor in the situation that had me fuming when I sat down to write, I suppose it is now the appropriate time to end today's writing adventure.

PS - Normally this is the type of post that I would delete since it really doesn't address anything that will matter in the future (or to most of you reading this post). I'm going to depart from tradition and publish this amazing example of writing prowess. I'm sure I'll stumble across it again in a few years and rack my brain in a vain effort to recall what had me so worked up!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment