Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Settling into the Routine Again


 I'm finding it hard to believe that it's only the second week of the new semester at Wayland. I hit the ground running this term and there's been no looking back! I think I'm finally getting settled into the routine again.

I think part of the reason things are feeling so frantic at the moment is that my semester seems to be front-loaded. I will play 2 faculty recitals in the next 3 weeks....just before traveling to San Antonio for the TMEA conference. I've already submitted a short article for publication and given a final (closing out last term's grades, at last). To say that my plate is just a little full at the moment is an understatement.

Thankfully, I learned some things last semester. Experience is the best teacher sometimes. So I'm taking steps now to avoid pitfalls later in the term. There's lots of practicing, planning, and organizing going on in my little corner of the world right now. I'm hoping to get much of the lesson planning settled in the next few days so things don't go crazy once I start attending student voice lessons next week.

Despite the fact that I'm struggling to hit my stride at the moment, I'm having a blast....and wouldn't have it any other way! The break was nice for a few weeks, but I'm really ready to get back to the process of making music and learning a little more along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment