Friday, January 8, 2016

Resolutions for 2016

It has come time to commit my 2016 resolutions to paper. None of them are Earth shattering, but they are all intended to keep me focused on my goals. Without too much commentary, here are my New Year's resolutions.

  • Become more healthy. I've decided not to mark this with weight loss (although that would be nice!) this year. Instead, I'm more interested in how I feel. I plan to increase how much water I drink. I want to become more active so I feel better. I want to feel comfortable with how my clothes look on me and how they fit. I'm not pursuing a number....and I think this is going to be a better method for me.
  • Increase my personal reading. I'm getting back into the habit of reading daily for pleasure. My goal for 2016 is to complete 24 novels.
  • Reconnect with treasured friends. When I was frantically piecing together a life with several part-time jobs, I allowed myself to become too busy to nurture friendships. I take responsibility for that decision. Now that I'm settled in one place without all of the family responsibilities, I intend to repair and re-establish some of the friendships that I miss the most...and hopefully build some new ones as well!
  • Visit two cities I've never been to before. This sounds like it will be more difficult than it really will be. I'm living in a new part of the country and haven't done a lot of exploring yet. It's time to hit the road and see what I can find.....

No comments:

Post a Comment