Monday, January 11, 2016

Hits and Misses (January 3 - 9)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS

  • It was wonderful to be in church with my family the past few weeks. It was especially nice to see my youngest niece worshipping through her solo. I can't take credit for all of her skills, but I will gladly admit that I had a hand in her musical development.
  • Getting back to Texas before the start of classes afforded me some quiet time in the office before the insanity of the semester began. I had forgotten just how nice it is to work on music without having to think about the multitude of other things that need my attention.
  • I finally figured out how to work on multiple blog posts on my iPad, so I don't have to feel as though I have to complete one post before starting another. It's amazing when technology makes tasks easier!
  • I started watching the new season of American Crime this week. Such an interesting concept that features a strong ensemble cast. I'm looking forward to this one!
  • To end the week, I enjoyed dinner with the Browns on Saturday evening. It was a wonderful time to laugh together, play with their children, and share with friends. What a treat!

MISSES

  • Saying goodbye is never fun. Can't I just convince the geriatric patients to move to Texas already?
  • On Thursday, I learned the horrible news that a fraternity brother had died earlier this week in an accident while enjoying winter break in South America. Cam Johnson was a sophomore at Pepperdine who was participating in the study abroad program in Argentina. It was upsetting to learn that another young man had lost his life in this close-knit group in such a short span of time. Cam was definitely a fun person to be around who seemed to have such a bright future. He will be missed greatly.
  • Long road trips with a stomachache are turning into my modus operandi. I do not like it at all!
  • Sinus issues are a constant issue for me these days. I can handle the stuffiness and drainage. The headaches and pressure are the pits!
  • For some reason I managed to procrastinate writing an article that has a deadline coming very soon. I'm happy that I got something written and submitted, but I would have liked more time to polish things up. Lesson learned for sure!
  • Even though I wasn't around for the Texas snow storm, I've felt its effects and I've had enough! Definitely wasn't excited to watch more snow showers move into the area on Friday evening.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment