Monday, January 26, 2015

Hits and Misses (January 18-24)

Here's a look back at the week that was...

HITS
  • Once again, the week began with an anointed sermon that blessed me immensely. Looking at Joshua 6, First Marion explored the steps to "Overcoming Obstacles." There was no doubt that God had a special Word for each of us attending the service that morning. 
  • It's been a very productive week in many ways. Much of my time was spent recording the final series of lectures for my online class. The process has taken a lot longer than I had hoped, but now that it is done I am very pleased with the results (for the most part). I've also spent a lot of time developing and creating visual aids for use in my piano lessons for beginners. It was great fun getting to tap into my creativity again to make sure that my youngest students are understanding concepts.
  • Speaking of piano lessons, the week ended with several really good lessons. There are some concepts that my students didn't quite understand this week, but there were more successes than failures. That's all I can ask for!
  • On Saturday afternoon, I finally took the time to get my car washed! It doesn't look like a brand new car, but it definitely looks (and smells) better. Who knew it would be so hard to find time for the simplest of tasks?
MISSES
  • I was saddened to miss the PBS broadcast of The Marriage of Figaro on Sunday afternoon. I don't mind the reason that I missed it...but I was really looking forward to seeing this production of the opera.
  • College students continue to baffle me sometimes. It is certain to raise my dander when students begin looking for the easy way rather than truly applying themselves to master the material. On Friday, a student missed a conference that they scheduled earlier that morning! Come on! Get a clue! You can imagine my response when the office called an hour after the scheduled time to tell me the student had arrived. You snooze, you lose!

PROGRESS REPORT
My reading life has looked a little better this week. Yeah!
  • Professional Piano Teaching - p. 389 of 389. COMPLETE! (90 pages read this week)
  • Crime and Punishment - p. 422 of 551. (111 pages read this week)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment