Monday, February 17, 2014

Hits and Misses (February 9-15)

Here's a look back at the week that was.

HITS

  • The week got off to a great start with the beginning of a new sermon series on Revival by Dr. Clay Hallmark at First Baptist Marion. Using II Chronicles 7:14 as a text, Dr. Hallmark began by looking at the importance of humility in bringing personal revival to our lives. I found myself challenged to examine my own life and encouraged that times of refreshing are definitely on the way. What a great beginning to the week!
  • Lessons and rehearsals were extremely productive in the early part of the week. It's always a great feeling to see that hard work pays off. I'm looking forward to playing on some really nice recitals in the coming weeks.
  • I was blessed to celebrate my parents' 56th wedding anniversary on Friday. That number is simply a testimony to their love and commitment to making it work in the good times as well as the bad times.
  • On the same day, I turned another year older as well. Although I might not like seeing another digit turning in the age category, I'm glad to look forward to a new year ahead with those I love.
  • The week ended getting to spend some time with family over dinner. We don't get to do that too often, so when we're able to meet, it's always a special time.

MISSES
  • The weather is still at the top of my list! We were spared the wintry weather this time, but the temperature was chilling. No wonder I'm not able to get well!
  • On Wednesday morning, we learned of the tragic death of a music student at Union. We have mourned for her loss and tried to deal with the situation as best we know how. Just before writing this post, I learned that her fiancĂ© has been arrested in connection to her death. While I am thankful that truth is being brought to light, I am horrified by the sheer tragedy of the entire situation. My prayers are with the families of both young people.
  • The last thing I wanted to do on my birthday was go to the gym. Since I haven't been in nearly 2 weeks because of conflicts and sickness, I knew I just had to do it. I paid for it when I tried to get out of bed this morning. Achy muscles in my arms and legs are never a fun way to begin a weekend!
There you have it.  I pray you have a marvelous week filled with peace and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment