Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thankfuls - Part 3

This is the final installment in my series of posts about what I am thankful for this year.

21.  Movie nights with Mom. I don't take the time that I have with parents for granted. They are growing older and I know that they won't be with me forever. It's been wonderful to sit with Mom at the end of long days and watch Christmas movies. The laughter and sharing has been a blessing.

22.  Heat! When I walked into a chilly hotel room this week, I was reminded of how blessed I am to have the ability to move a switch to warm the air quickly.  So many in our world don't have that privilege.  I can't imagine the difficulty of trying to sleep when I was cold.

23.  Getting to sleep in!  This guy is not a morning person at all. I can function if I need to, but I prefer to stay in bed for an hour or so after waking. When I have a day to just casually lounge in bed, I take full advantage of it.

24.  Break time. Life is busy and there is so much that needs to be done in the course of the day. I'm thankful for those small breaks that appear to allow me to rest and get my mind together before finishing out the rest of my responsibilities.

25.  Colors.  I love vivid colors. The world would be much less interesting without the brilliance of reds, yellows, blues, and ORANGES!

26.  Pillows. Give me a pile of pillows to crash into and I'm a happy camper.

27.  Jesus.  He is my everything, my source of all hope, and the reason for my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment