Friday, July 9, 2010

A Day Off

I finally took a day off just for myself. After doing a coaching session for one of my theater students this morning, I set out to downtown Memphis with a friend to take some snapshots for my website and Facebook fan page. We went to Tom Lee Park (first time I've actually been down there) and then headed up to the Confederate Park. I'm not terribly photogenic, but I think we might have gotten some shots that I can use. I'll be posting some of them later this week.

It felt good to get out in the fresh air and enjoy walking around, looking at the river and the people that were populating downtown. I got a little sun in the process, so my cheeks have that rosy red color to them at the moment. (I am always amazed at how easily I burn when I spend ANY time outside.)

After about an hour in the parks, I headed into midtown for lunch at Huey's. Grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and Swiss cheese.....enough said! I spent the rest of the afternoon just laying around, enjoying my day off.

Now that the day is coming to an end, I'm finding myself very tired and making plans for a productive day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment