Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beginning to Catch Up


I am finally beginning to feel as though I am slowly but surely getting caught up after the crazy schedule I was keeping earlier this month. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed every minute of Music Camp - but it definitely took a toll on me and my responsibilities.


Today was a hugely successful day though. I accomplished almost everything on my "to do" list and I'm finally getting around to planning for the fall rather than just trying to survive the daily grind. Just to give you an idea of how bad things were, I have had a single line written on my daily action list for the past week or so: "Call Ryan and Scott." Ryan called me at the beginning of the month; Scott is getting married in a few months and we need to discuss wedding music. Scott's first phone call came nearly a month ago! I have been so busy that I have simply neglected these friends. Tonight I FINALLY got around to calling both of them.....I got their voice mails, but I made the calls. Yeah for me! Hopefully I'll remember to follow-up on those calls tomorrow!


I'm a dreamer and a planner by nature. When I get into those times where I'm just trying to make sure that things are getting done before they fall through the cracks, I'm miserable! I'm not a guy who handles "winging it" very well. I like to have a plan, know what's coming well in advance, and then watch my plan get executed to perfection. So now that I've had some time to begin planning for future events - even though I haven't accomplished much on them yet - just the fact that I'm getting to plan again lets me know that life is about to become more manageable very soon.


Trust me when I tell you that I'm ready for a regular routine! I'm tired of feeling like Alice's rabbit. My mantra for the past few months has been "I'm late! I'm late!" I am definitely looking forward to sitting in a lawn chair and soaking up the rays (figuratively speaking, of course) in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment