Monday, April 3, 2017

Hits and Misses - the return

Hit_and_miss.jpg
It's been a while since I've stopped long enough to post to my blog. Life got busy. I lost inspiration for writing. Blogging became a chore rather than a release. I didn't need a job....I needed an outlet. Now I'm giving it a go once again. I make no promises about the frequency of posts or their quality. I'm simply trying to feel my way back into writing again. One thing that I consistently enjoyed (when I had time to write) were these weekly posts....so here's a look back at the week that was.... HITS
  • The week featured several performances. I was happy with my playing during the Music Achievement Awards early in the week, but as things went on, my playing went downhill. (More on that later....)
  • Got to spend the entire weekend lounging around my apartment. Enjoyed watching movies and getting some much needed rest. Didn't like the reason I had to stay around, but the end result was perfect.
MISSES
  • I've been experiencing some arm pain this week. It's not uncommon when I do too much playing without allowing adequate time for rest. I do it to myself -- I know -- but sometimes there are responsibilities that cannot be avoided. Thankfully a few days of rest completely away from the piano combined with some anti-inflammatory drugs and arm braces have gotten me back to normal at the end of the weekend.
  • Since I've been pushing myself so hard for so long, I found myself horribly sick all weekend. That's the reason I didn't -- er, couldn't -- leave the apartment. I think it was a small bug that was exasperated by fatigue. Over the weekend, I spent nearly 35 hours in bed. I think it's clear that what was desperately needed was some sleep. Here's to trying to make sure I don't get in that situation again in the near future.
 And there you have it....my first post after a long absence! Hope you have a good week and that we see each other again soon as we continue Livin' Life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment