Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hits & Misses (Jan 1-7)

I suppose it's better to post late than not to post at all. So here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS

  • I enjoyed the last few days of vacation in the Geriatric Ward. It was great to get to have some deep conversations that needed to happen. I'm blessed to have parents that love me unconditionally and want nothing but the best for me.
  • Meetings were not too painful and I managed to get ready for the semester before my next HIT happened.
  • On Friday, I left Plainview behind (again!) for La-La Land. I was honored to witness John & Michelle exchange marriage vows. After the wedding, I spent the rest of the weekend with Jeff and Paul. So much laughter! I don't suppose I often admit to myself how important these relationships are to me that have weathered many years and have witnessed the best and worst times of my life. Few people know me quite like these two brothers do....and I'm a better person because of their influence. Glad we're already intentionally planning our next gathering.

MISSES

  • As I loaded up my car on Monday evening, I had to pretend that I didn't see the tears in my Dad's eyes. As the Geriatrics get older, it gets more difficult to live so far away. I find myself torn because I really love my work, but also feel a perpetual pull back to Arkansas. God knows what the future holds....and I'm just gonna trust Him.
  • My body is not built for cold weather! On Thursday night we experienced a wind chill of -2! When I climbed out of bed on Friday, there was snow on the ground. All of those years in Southern California spoiled me!
  • Because of the snow, I had to change my departing airport. That cost me a little more than I would have liked, but in the end, it's just money....

No comments:

Post a Comment