Monday, October 31, 2016

Hits and Misses (October 23-29)

Here's a look back at the week that was....

HITS
  • I've enjoyed working on the fall musical, but I was very thrilled when Little Shop opened on Thursday night. Shows have gone well. We've had good audiences and the cast is doing exactly what they rehearsed.
  • After a long night of rehearsal filled with technical difficulties, an encouraging note delivered to my desk was what was needed at the moment. I'm so thankful to work at a place where faculty and students take the time to care for each other.
  • The Plainview Sonatina Festival was great fun on Saturday morning. For the second year, I had the privilege of offering feedback to young pianists in the area. It was great to get back to working with beginners as well as hearing some admirable performances of Clementi, Beethoven, and Mozart by aspiring young musicians.
MISSES

  • Production Week is always exhausting. My body is looking forward to the promise of upcoming rest and enjoying food that is not from a fast food chain.
  • My car has started acting funny in all of this craziness. Occasionally, it feels as though it wants to stall. It will finally go, but it's scary in the moment. I plan to take it to the dealership this week. Hopefully whatever is wrong is still covered by warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment